Field Operations Manager
Manufacturing – Worthington, IN, US
Req ID: 220696W-01
ESTADO DEL EMPLEADO
TIPO DE TRABAJO
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Seeking a new and challenging opportunity to further enhance your career? Corteva Agriscience has an opening for a Field Operations Manager to manage our field production operations in our Worthington, Indiana growing area.
As the Field Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for safe, effective and efficient management of field production processes. Working autonomously, you will serve as a primary field contact for seed production including grower management and support. Utilize your communication skills to establish and build relationships with growers, contractors, and vendors. Strategic thinking and analysis are critical as you will be responsible for the oversight of acreage planning, strategy, education and resource allocation for field activities. Your decisions will be impactful as you develop a cost effective, environmentally sound method of enhancing yields. Corteva Agriscience offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
Responsibilities – What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- All aspects of grower relations, such as acreage allocations, contracts, and conflict resolution
- Oversight responsibility for all field related safety programs and initiatives.
- Management responsibility for multi-site harvest coordination that optimizes crop yield, quality, and plant efficiency goals.
- Provide leadership and have reporting authority for a team of production agronomists and field specialists.
- Oversight of Integrated Pest Management program including: vendor selection, agreement administration, hiring, as well as developing and managing scouts
- Providing leadership and decisions on operational questions related to relevant areas and responsibilities
- Management of a commercial seed production fields (field activities may operate 7 days/week, 24 hours per day portions of the year)
- Participating in strategic planning, cost, safety, quality, and workforce issues for production employees
- Working with government certifying agencies to assure all standards are met
- Evaluating and analyzing the local competitive seed environment
- Keeping abreast of current agronomic practices, government agricultural programs, and environmental issues related to all phases of seed production
- Continually studying, discussing, and identifying best practices in planting, cultivation, harvesting, methods of weed/disease/insect control, etc.
Requirements – Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, agribusiness or related discipline
- 5 to 7 years of experience of row crop production with an emphasis on seed production
- 1-3 years of demonstrated people management experience
- Ability to train, lead, and motivate field crews
- Ability to teach and coach employees, growers and contractors
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations
- Possess seedsmanship skills and general product knowledge
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, strategic analysis, and communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record
- Ability to obtain appropriate pesticide applicator license/certification
- Ability to perform all physical and technical demands of the job with or without accommodation
The following are preferred:
- Grower relations skills and experience.
- Knowledge of specific crop contracts, specific crop quality plans, location field safety programs.
- Knowledge of digital agriculture culture
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact, and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.