Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Field Operations Manager position based in Jackson MN, at our Soybean production facility. At Corteva Agriscience, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
As the Field Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for safe, effective, and efficient management of field seed production processes. As part of the location management team, you will serve as a primary field contact for seed production which includes leadership of the Agronomy team and subordinate field staff. You will oversee grower management and support. Utilize your communication skills to establish and build relationships with growers, contractors, and vendors. Strategic thinking and analysis are critical as you will be responsible for the oversight of acreage planning, strategy, education and resource allocation for field activities. Your decisions will be impactful as you develop a cost effective, environmentally sound method of enhancing yields.
This role will be on-site at our Corteva Jackson, MN location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Involved in all aspects of grower relations, including but not limited to: acreage allocations, contracts, conflict resolution.
- Oversight of Integrated Pest Management program, including but not limited to: vendor selection, agreement administration, hiring, developing and managing of Agronomy team and subordinate field staff.
- Responsible for training and education of Agronomy team, seed field employees and growers in the areas of agronomy, seedsmanship, stewardship, and safety.
- Support site and network leadership on production plant operational questions related to your areas and responsibilities.
- Management of a commercial seed production fields in which could range from 50 – 100 thousand seed acres. Field activities may operate 7 days/week, 24 hours per day portions of the year.
- Participate in strategic planning, budgetary, safety, quality, and workforce issues for production employees.
- Work with government certifying agencies to assure all standards are met.
- Provide coaching and leadership in areas of grower and vendor relations.
- Evaluate and analyze the local competitive seed environment.
- Keep abreast of current agronomic practices, government agricultural programs, and environmental issues related to all phases of seed production. Must continually study, discuss, and identify best practices in planting, cultivation, harvesting, methods of weed/disease/insect control, technology, etc.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, agribusiness or related discipline
- Three to Five (3 -5) years of experience of row crop with emphasis on seed production
- Demonstrated people management experience. Ability to train, lead, and motivate field crews. Ability to teach and coach employees, growers and contractors.
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations.
- Possess seedsman ship skills and general product knowledge.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, strategic analysis, and communication skills
- Driver’s License, acceptable driving record, and ability to obtain CDL.
- Ability to obtain appropriate pesticide applicator license/certification.
- Ability to perform physical and technical demands.
- Grower relations skills and experience.
- Knowledge of specific crop contracts, specific crop quality plans, location field safety programs.
- Certified Crop Advisor Certification
- Green Belt Certification
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
We care about you, and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
Check out life at Corteva!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!