Field Operations Manager
Manufacturing – Grand Rapids, OH, US
Req ID: 222914W-01
ESTADO DEL EMPLEADO
TIPO DE TRABAJO
Seeking a new and challenging opportunity to further enhance your career? Corteva Agriscience has an opening for a Field Operations Manager to manage our soybeans and wheat field operations in our Grand Rapids, Ohio growing area.
As the Field Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for safe, effective, and efficient management of all field related processes. Working autonomously, you will serve as a primary field contact for seed production including grower management and support. Utilize your communication skills to establish and build relationships with growers and our Corteva partners within the commercial side of the business. Strategic thinking and analysis are critical as you will be responsible for the oversight of acreage planning, quality inspections, harvest, strategy, education and resource allocation for field activities. Your decisions will be impactful as you develop strategies and plans to meet all business needs as well as executing on producing the highest quality of seed that is possible. Corteva Agriscience offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
Responsibilities – What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow?
- All aspects of grower relations, such as acreage allocations, contracts, and conflict resolution
- Oversight responsibility for all field related safety programs and initiatives.
- Management responsibility for harvest coordination that optimizes crop yield, quality, and plant efficiency goals.
- Provide leadership and have reporting authority for a team of production agronomists and field specialists.
- Oversight of Integrated Pest Management program including hiring, developing, and managing summer and/or seasonal help
- Providing leadership and decisions on operational questions related to relevant areas and responsibilities
- Participating in strategic planning, cost, safety, quality, and workforce issues for location employees
- Working with governmental certifying agencies to assure all standards are met
- Evaluating and analyzing the local competitive seed environment
- Keeping abreast of current agronomic practices, government agricultural programs, and environmental issues related to all phases of seed production
- Continually studying, discussing, and identifying best practices in planting, cultivation, harvesting, methods of weed/disease/insect control, etc.
Requirements – Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, agribusiness, or related discipline
- 5 to 7 years of experience of row crop production with an emphasis on seed production
- 1-3 years of demonstrated people management experience
- Ability to train, lead, and motivate people
- Ability to teach and coach employees, growers and contractors
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations
- Possess seedsmanship skills and general product knowledge
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, strategic analysis, and communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record
- Ability to obtain appropriate pesticide applicator license/certification
- Ability to perform all physical and technical demands of the job with or without accommodation
The following are preferred:
- Grower relations skills and experience.
- Knowledge of specific crop contracts, specific crop quality plans, location field safety programs.
- Knowledge of digital agriculture culture
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
We care about you, and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
Check out life at Corteva!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.